The lady and big guy are leaving us for over two weeks! They leave in a little less than a week, but this will be our last post for about three weeks. We will miss you all and each other terribly! This will be the last time for a long time that they go away. Here are our Friendly Fill-Ins, hosted by 15andmeowing and McGuffy's Reader:
1. _____________________should be taught in schools.
2. The last item I donated was ___________________________.
3. My (personal) song is , because .
4. Three things I am thankful for this week are: , , and .
1. Manners and kindness should be taught in schools. I know there are a lot of important things that should be taught as well, like American history, but it's been a long time since I've been in school so I'm far from an authority.
2. The last item I donated was food to my church's food pantry.
3. My (personal) song is Great is Thy Faithfulness (a Christian hymn), because it describes perfectly our loving, merciful, kind God.
4. Three things I am thankful for this week are: veterans, my country, and my cats.
Hi! Today we're doing Friendly Fill-Ins, the fun blog hop hosted by McGuffy's Reader and 15andmeowing. The lady answered one through three, and I answered four. 1. Peace ____________________________. 2. I need to ___________________________, but I keep procrastinating.
3. A friend is .
4. I try to .
1. Peace on earth, or at least in the U. S., is something I pray and long for, but I don’t think it’s going to happen.
2. I need to do a bunch of stuff to our house, but I keep procrastinating. We need new
kitchen counters and cupboards, new bathroom, new flooring, but it’s all
so overwhelming and expensive that we don't know where to start or whom
Since moving in two and a half years ago, we’ve had to replace the
blinds, kitchen floor, fridge, toilet, dishwasher and hot water heater.
3. A friend is someone I trust and is someone with whom I feel comfortable.
4. I always try to eat a lot of food. Unfortunately, the lady always tries to foil me.
1. The first think I check when I go online is _________________________.
2. My signature dish is _________________________.
3. My Halloween night is usually _________________________.
4. Trick-or-treaters _________________________.
1. The first think I check when I go online is Blogger and/or Google+.
2. My signature dish is lasagna. I've been making this since we were first married (29 years ago!). I used to make it every year for my husband's (aka the big guy) birthday.
3. My Halloween night is usually spent at home watching a movie and hoping to hand out some candy.
4. Trick-or-treaters never come to our house (unfortunately). I buy candy ever year and we always start eating it a week or two before, but I always make sure we have plenty to hand out just in case.