Sunday, November 19, 2017

My Visit to Tabby's Place



I am taking over Annie's blog to happily report on my visit to Tabby's Place in New Jersey. Tabby's place is a cage-free sanctuary for cats. Their residents primarily come from public shelters where they once were once scheduled for euthanasia. Yesterday, they had a Thanksgiving with Cats event.

These are just some of the things we bought to bring to the kitties (Pierrot not included).

They had containers of turkey and turkey baby food so we could give the kitties treats while on our tour of the facility.

There were treats for the humans too.

It's a wonderful place. There are kitties free roaming everywhere. It's a "cage-free sanctuary."





This is Pixie. Pixie's legs are paralyzed.

They put her in her window box next.

For those of you that know Lola and Lexy, their mommy sponsors Rosie, who is a darling!


This is Leah. She loves the sink!

This was a delightful day. I can't wait to go back! I have more pictures and plan on doing a second post soon.

15 comments:

  1. Thanks so much! We've been Tabby Place admirers for years now. They do such amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love that organization and we sponsor 2 kitties there, Carrot and whoever needs help the most.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so so so wish I could go. I am totally familiar with Stockton area...and this post brought tears to my eyes. All those precious darlings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous place! If only all, or at least most, shelters could be this way. I imagine it was very uplifting to be there, though I admit I'd probably bawl my eyes out just the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These kitties are so well taken care of that it wasn't depressing or sad. It really was uplifting to see so many kitties that would have been euthanized loved. They have a really good life while they're there.

      Delete
  5. Looks like a fantastic organization. I'll have to go check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How pawsome that you got to visit Tabby's Place. The mom would love to visit it too. It's such a great place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so GREAT that you got to visit Tabby's Place! Going there is on my human's bucket list. But probably not for her next back east trip because... I may be going with her!

    ReplyDelete
  8. annie N pie...how total lee awesum lee mega soooooper kewl that yur mom getted ta meet up with de catz at tabby's place ~~~~~~N 984 pawz UP for givin up green paperz ta get sum goodz.... two take two them ♥♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. We love Tabby's Place and have sponsored a couple of kitties there before. We loved reading about them on Lola and Lexy's blog and now we love reading about them on yours! you brought them such pawesome stuff! catchatwithcarenandcody

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMC What a pawsum place. Ya'll blest them really good. Fank you fur givin' to kitties less furtunate. Luv all da fotos. Big hugs

    Luv ya'

    Dezi and Raena

    ReplyDelete
  11. How kind of you to donate those goodies. They are all such adorable kitties.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so jealous! Tabby's Place looks like a wonderful place. The kitties always look happy - treats present or not.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so happy you enjoyed Tabby's! Rosie looks wonderful, and Leah is ALWAYS in the sink. (She's one of my favorites.) Tabby's is heaven on earth, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments like I love ham